Monday, January 26, 2009

Cornish Hens Update



So the roast chicken experiment turned out pretty good. Took the hens out at about 150 degrees, then let them rest for about 10 minutes while I made the pan sauce (which turned out to be too strong, and unfortunately overpowered the deliciously juicy chicken!). The meat turned out perfect, yay!

I am definitely more confident in my meat roasting skills now.

However, I am less confident in my meat carving skills. I did a major hackjob on the first hen, and then forced my exboyfriend/roommate to hack up the second one.

The sorta potato salad was awesome, will definitely make that again. . . and of course my carrots were amazing, AS ALWAYS haha.



Soooooo yummy! I forgot to take a picture until I was pretty much done eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment